There’s a lot of debates when it comes to hosting and everyone has an opinion about it. I’ve used tens of hosting companies so far and the differences between them are not that big. Pricing usually makes the difference and the cheap ones oversell. So if you want your WooCommerce shop to be fast, don’t start with a cheap hosting, unless you have very few products.
If you are just starting up a simple shared hosting from a trusted company might be the best for you. My advice is to let others handle the hosting part as your focus should be on selling more, give your clients what they need and offer a great experience without worrying about the technical details. As your store grows your hosting needs will grow also, that’s important to know.
A few things to remember:
- If you are selling locally use a local hosting company, no matter what country you are.
- If you are selling internationally, use a company in the US.
- If you are selling in Europe, I’d chose a company in Germany or UK.
- I would chose to pay monthly and not yearly, especially at the beginning.
- I would advise against using companies that charge per visit.
If you need help in choosing a hosting company, leave a comment bellow.